As a farm business, to the best of our ability, we are committed to protecting our natural environment, supporting the local, rural economy and being a socially responsible business.
This is how we strive to do it:
- Generate renewable energy on site using Solar PV Panels and a Biomass boiler to heat the Farmhouse and cottage. Wood burners are in the Shepherds hut, and the Farmhouse is powered by wood from the farm.
- Protect and enhance the natural environment by participating in environmental protection schemes in partnership with local conservation groups e.g. RSPB, The Curl, Farming and Wildlife Advisory Groups, and Natural England.
- A new umbrella cover on the farm. To reduce the amount of dirty water going onto the farmland, thus improving local water quality and wildlife.
- Drive less. We provide walking routes from the farm gate. We have a public footpath running through the farm, and plenty of areas to cycle.
- Reducing plastic. We are committed to removing all single use plastic from the Farmhouse, cottages and Shepherds huts. Our housekeeping team use Eco- cleaning products which are refilled rather than recycled and we use refills in all of our accommodation.
- Up-cycle. Were possible we use vintage farm equipment to provide comforts for our guests, such as desks and tables. The artificial grass used on our front lawn was rescued from a council dump, preventing it going into land fill. Therefore reducing the need for constant moving and use of fuel.
- Support the local economy by using local businesses for products and services and directing guests to local businesses through our local guides.
- Involve community groups in the farm by offering educational days , linking food and farming, as well as encouraging access by local interest groups with
- an environmental and/or community focus e.g. bird watchers, archaeologists, bee keepers.
- Turn off the lights. We encourage our guests to switch off their lights.
- Save water. Our Policy is not to replace towels during your stay. We also harvest rain water for our animals and our water is our own supply from our wells.
- The hot tub is wood fired using sustainable wood, and uses our own spring water, without the need of chemicals. A system is then used, to recycle the water back to the land.
- Stringent recycling policy. We work with Hereford council policy on recycling.
- We aim to improve. We are constantly working towards improving our environment, we try our best to ensure we build a responsible business we can all be proud of, for future generations to come.